I could have sourced from manufacturers overseas. Poor quality items made in cross border and overseas sweatshops as so many do. As US wages went down so did prices. Our markets were flooded with overseas made merchandise. It was a deplorable downward spiral which lead to more unemployment.
Yes my prices are a bit higher on leggings, mugs, posters, bags etc. but every purchase employs an American who is earning minimum wage or more. Item quality is superior and made to a higher standard. These items will provide enjoyment for an extended period of time. The majority of products are completely manufactured in the USA, i.e. cut/sewn/printed in the USA and shipped from the USA. I have also sought out vendors who use sustainable wood for frames and paper production. Plus my items are printed with water based inks that won’t harm the environment.
- I recently was able to completely switch to mugs 100% manufactured in the USA. Yes the prices went up, but so did the quality. Each mug now employs American workers throughout the entire process.
Mugs: Manufactured/designed/printed/shipped in USA – 100% production USA
- T-Shirts: Woven/Cut/Sewn/Designed/Printed/Shipped in USA – 100% production USA
- Bags: Woven/Cut/Sewn/Designed/Printed/Shipped in USA – 100% production USA
- Pillows: Woven/Cut/Sewn/Designed/Printed/Shipped in USA – 100% production USA
- Leggings: Imported Fabric is Cut/Sewn/Designed/Printed/Shipped in USA – 87% production USA
- Posters: Domestic and imported papers Framed/Designed/Printed/Shipped in USA – 89% production USA
- iPhone Cases: Imported Case Designed/Printed/Shipped in USA – 65% production USA (I hope to have these at 100% soon)
Each sale supports local and regional communities. These items come from American based corporations employing thousands, entrepreneurs employing less than 25 and everything in-between. It was not an easy decision in this era of get it cheap. Yet if we don’t support our fellow citizens via employment #MadeInAmerica becomes a hollow slogan. In a global economy we must be prepare to fight for higher wages for all. This begins by saying no to cheap overseas/cross border labor and products.
Thank you for your support of American workers/manufacturing please take 20% off your order using discount code: #MadeInUSA at https://LeeHillerDesigns.com